According to the famous saying, London is a place where everyone finds something interesting to see and to experience. There are many things to do in London for students, tourists and people of all ages. That’s why London can be expensive.
London is one of the best places to study and so it attracts students from all over the world for education. Also, living on a student’s budget can be tough. There is a famous saying London destroy budgets. So is true for the students who want to visit and experience being a Londoner in their off time.
Worry no more as this blog helps you find effective ways to immerse into the world of fun and enrich with memories. So, read on to find out the things to do in London for students on a budget.
Things to do on a Budget in London for students in 2021
Famous Bus Tours
This blog guides you to enjoy the most famous bus tours of London at a pretty penny. A usual bus tour is affordable and you will enjoy the most famous London attractions. Luckily, London features a well-developed transportation system that allows tourists to enjoy interesting and beautiful places at a cheap cost.
Undoubtedly, the bus tour plan takes time but gives results for the worthy effort. Moreover, you will not only enjoy the eye-catching journey of buses in London but will also get a chance to feel like a true Londoner while walking on the busy streets.
Once you lend in, you will have plenty of choices when it comes to a sightseeing tour in London. It is up to you to go by bus, on foot, a riverboat or a duck. The travelers choose the duck tour that is an amphibious vehicle that allows you to travel on road and water.
World-Known Museums and Galleries
Students when visiting London on a budget chose museum tours from the diversity of excellent opportunities. They never miss a chance to see an exclusive exhibition, art galleries, and museums.
According to your interest, you may visit different places as numerous options are free to visit. For instance, Natural History Museum, IMW London, National Maritime Museum, Tate Modern, London Mithraeum, and other options are offered for students, who are interested in history, culture, or art.
In the United Kingdom, there are twenty museums in London which give a chance to students to explore and learn at a free cost. Following are some well-known museums.
- The Museum of London – This museum is incredible; it has a detailed history of the city of London. It opens daily from 10 am to 6 pm.
- The British History Museum – This is one of the top museums not only in London but in the world. You will need a couple of days to visit this museum. It opened in the 18th century. Daily open from 10 am to 5:30p.
- The Natural History Museum –This museum contains around 80 million items in it that include specimens that were collected by Charles Darwin. This museum is also kid-friendly. Opens daily from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- The Science Museum –This museum was founded in 1857. Here are some neat and interactive galleries regarding aviation, space exploration and include cool scientific stuff in general. This is a great place for students to visit and explore as much as they can. Opens daily from 10 am to 6 pm.
- The National Gallery – This is an art museum and was founded in 1824. It has a collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13 century to 1900. This museum includes the great work of Johannes Vermeer, Sandro Botticelli, Rembrandt, and Michelangelo. Daily open from 10 am to 6 pm.
Exclusive Shops and Markets
When you visit London’s market it becomes a little difficult to save money because of interesting artifacts on sale. Such as an antique souvenir, perfect-looking home décor, and fashionable items. Visiting the last day of the tour on London’s market is one of the best ways to spend the savings.
One of the best things to do in London for students is not going into the market with a full purse. Else you will probably face the risk of spending the rest of the tour weeks with an empty pocket. Most students go to the market on Sunday to do shopping or window shopping to save money.
Chic Restaurants and Modern Bars
If you want to learn about the culture, a good tip is to get to know about its cuisine. British culture loves to eat traditional food. Fish and chips are their favourite food, moreover, extraordinary shepherd’s pie and tasty bangers are considered as the inevitable parts of London.
Take a great time to feel the spirit of the country and enjoy its fascinating surroundings up to date. Avail the opportunity to have a wonderful cocktail.
There is good news for students who are looking for fun times as they can spend happy hours at London bars.
For those who are dependent on caffeine, there are numerous tiny and cute coffee shops in London. Some of those are listed for your convenience:
- TAP Coffee No.114
- Cereal Killer in Camden Town
- Wilton Way Café
- Story Coffee
Other Free Activities for Students in London
- Visit beautiful parks
Though London is packed with hustle and bustle streets. There are also some great places in London where you can find peace and calmness of nature.
Visit its beautiful and eye-catching parks. Go sit, enjoy and explore the beauty. You can play different games in the parks such as table tennis. The popular parks in London are Hyde Park, Regent’s Park, Richmond Park, and many more. In these beautiful parks, you will have great opportunities, gettable views, and precious memories.
- See the Changing of the Guard
Another good news for students who visit London on a budget is observing changing of guards at Buckingham Palace. Hundreds of tourists visit to see the palace opens daily at 11:30 am. This is one of the free interesting things to do in London. While on the palace, avoid provoking the guards.
When students visit the changing guard must follow the following tips
- Be respectful
- Arrive early as there are plenty of people to come around
So here we sum up the things to do in London for students on a budget. We hope you will have a good stay in London as a student or a tourist. If you think we have missed any interesting thing in the city, comment below. Those who are serious about the studies can contact Royal Dissertation Help to seek academic assistance.